Membership Renewal Process for 2019-2020
One of the key provisions in the updated Newcomers Bylaws moves the membership year to July 1 - June 30. This change was intended to create a better transition from one set of officers to the next, facilitate event and activities planning, expedite Interest Group signups, and allow for an earlier start to our year.
This is what you need to know about how the change will impact you:
- You can check your account status online on the ABOUT YOU page from the Newcomers website. (If you're not already signed in, first select the green MEMBER SIGN IN button to sign in with the email of your primary contact, then that option will appear). If you have not already renewed, you will see that your membership payment was due on July 1st:
- Renewing your membership can most easily be accomplished online, by selecting the "Pay Online" option and completing the form with your credit card information.
- Mail-in payments will be accepted also, by selecting the "Pay by Check" option and mailing in your check for $30.
- To make this transition easy for everyone, a 60-day grace period will be observed, starting July 1, so that everyone can continue to enjoy Club events and activities through the summer. All members will receive renewal reminders by email during this time.
- Active members who have not renewed by September 1, 2019, will be considered inactive and no longer eligible to participate in Club events and activities.
In the past, many members renewed their memberships and signed up for Interest Groups at the September General Membership meeting. With this change, you must renew your membership BEFORE you can register for the September meeting.
It is important to note that the change to the membership year does not affect the Club's General Membership Meeting schedule - those events will continue from September through May, as in past years.
If there are any questions on the above, please contact email@example.com