Membership Renewal Process for 2019-2020
One of the key provisions in the updated Newcomers Bylaws moves the membership year to July 1 - June 30. This change was intended to create a better transition from one set of officers to the next, facilitate event and activities planning, expedite Interest Group signups, and allow for an earlier start to our year.
This is what you need to know about how the change will impact you:
- You can check your account status online on the ABOUT YOU page from the Newcomers website. (If you're not already signed in, first select the green MEMBER SIGN IN button to sign in with the email of your primary contact, then that option will appear). You should see that your online account has been updated to indicate that your membership expires on July 1st:
- Renewing your membership can most easily be accomplished online (by selecting the blue button shown above). Mail-in payments will be accepted also.
- UPDATE: After July 1, the screen is displayed differently. The "Pay Online" or "Pay by Check" form is shown immediately, without needing to select the above blue button.
- To make this transition easy for everyone, a 60-day grace period will be observed, starting July 1, so that everyone can continue to enjoy Club events and activities through the summer. All members will receive renewal reminders by email during this time.
- Active members who have not renewed by September 1, 2019, will be considered inactive and no longer eligible to participate in Club events and activities.
In the past, many members renewed their memberships and signed up for Interest Groups at the September General Membership meeting. With this change, you must renew your membership BEFORE you can register for the September meeting.
It is important to note that the change to the membership year does not affect the Club's General Membership Meeting schedule - those events will continue from September through May, as in past years.
If there are any questions on the above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org