Help a Newcomer Family in Need by
Signing Up for a Meal Train.
What exactly is a Meal Train? It's a way to help out a family that is dealing with a extraordinary event, such as an illness or loss. Often, living with such circumstances can make it difficult to find time to prepare a full meal.
A Meal Train is a way to organize volunteers who are willing to provide a ready-to-eat meal for someone impacted by a special circumstance.
How can you help? Sign up to provide a meal on a specific day by clicking a name from the list below.
Who needs our help? The following Meal Trains are active right now:
Thanks for helping!
Top things to consider when participating in a Meal Train
- It is best to expect that the recipient is not yet ready to entertain. Unless suggested by the organizer or recipient, plan to stay no more than 10-15 minutes when dropping off a meal.
- If there are open calendar days after your delivery, make enough for leftovers. Freezable meals are also nice.
- Don’t forget the extras like drinks, condiments, and salad dressing.
- If you are having something delivered (e.g. pizza), make sure to pay and tip in advance.
- If possible, deliver your meal in a recyclable or reusable container.
- Be sure to label any items that you would like returned. Include a large paper bag with your name on it that the recipient can use to store your items until you can coordinate a pick-up date.
- Include clear preparation instructions, i.e. "Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees."
- Consider sharing a link to your recipe in the "Notes" section of your meal booking so the recipient can know the ingredients.
- As a nice added bonus, bring breakfast food for the following morning, such as muffins, bagels, and fruit salad.
- If possible, text the recipient that you are on your way. A little heads up can go a long way.
- If you don't live nearby or can't cook, consider sending a Grubhub or Uber Eats gift card.
- Bonus: Add some style to your Meal Train drop off with a printable dinner label.